Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Health reasons

She made a bed on my treadmill.
I started running again a few weeks ago more for health reasons than weight loss. But I overheard my daughter talking about the reasons behind my recent exercise plan. She worried about the fact that I thought I was fat. In her mind, I am just her mamma and that makes me perfect. She stated that I was thin enough and that I shouldn’t worry about losing weight. she was very afraid of offending me with this statement. I told her that I knew that I was overweight but that I didn’t feel bad about myself and that I was exercising to feel healthy. I told her that there are people of all sizes in this world and that size does not make up a person’s worth. I told her that exercising made me feel happy. I told her that I wanted to be around a long time whether I was fat or thin or in between.
I will not make this about weight. We deserve to feel healthy and feel that we have worth no matter what we look like. I am the whole world to four little people and I don’t forget that for a moment.

No comments:

Blog Archive

All my babies

baby growth baby babies baby