Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Kayla's first week of school

Simply Smashing
On Tuesday, the first day of school, I dropped a note off at the office with instructions for Kayla to ride the bus home from daycare. 3:00 came around and I picked up Olivia (no bus for kindergardners first 2 days) and went home to try to sleep a little longer before work. At 3:30, a half an hour after school was over I get a call from the office of the school... Kayla had EATEN her note and had NOT ridden the bus. I needed to pick her up immediatly. Was not amused... Was in fact LIVID and ready to give the school a swift kick in the behind. Kayla was sitting in the office looking dejected and trying to put on her best ashamed face. She said..."well... you know I don't like to go to daycare mom." She had also spent the day ripping holes in her brand new school dress. Great first day... I felt like this

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Second day went without significant events.

Third day: I pick her up and she is standing with two VERY frazzled teachers. They said that perhaps Kayla should not be allowed to use the restroom by herself in the afternoons. "What?" Apparantly... around a half an hour after she had left the classroom to use the bathroom she was found screaming and running wildly through the restroom. She had rubbed soap in her hair and was also eating it. I said "well at least it was something clean she was eating this time". I also told them that we didnt' usually let her alone in the bathroom at home either. Then I gritted my teeth and hugging her a little too hard drug her to the car. She looked somewhat like a rabid animal.

I felt like thisPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lets hope the rest of this year goes just as smoothly.

No comments:

All my babies

baby growth baby babies baby