Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 28, 2007

The bug story

When we were in Idaho City, in the cemetary Kayla caught this magnificent bug on the path. She was told that once we got back to the car she should let it go. She agreed and we all went on our way. By the time we got back to the car, I had totally forgotten about the bug and Kayla, of course, snuck it into the car. It was forgotten the rest of the weekend.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It wasn't until the ride home that the bug made it's appearance again. I was in the van and Dwain was in the car, we were on the phone on the way home and suddenly I hear this horrendous screaming. Dwain yelps "I have to pull over!!"
The bug was a velvet ant... actually it was a wingless wasp with a stinger the size of it's abdomen. Kayla had decided to poke it on the way home and it had stung her... then she screamed and threw it behind her and it was lose in the car!! Dwain trapped it under the seat and I killed it the next day.. I am wondering if Kayla learned anything from this experience HAHA.

5 comments:

Dusky Dawn said...

No, but you did.

Lacey Tackett said...

Ha!! That is funny and scary...
Can I link to your blog?

Miss-buggy said...

ouch!! Did she react to the sting? I have never seen one of those before! GROSS!

Janelle smells said...

No reaction to the sting... although I thought I was going to have to take her to quick care or something with all that screaming. Apparantly it just hurts like heck but doesn't do any real damage. At least that's what the websites said. OW!!

Krumpledwhiskers said...

That is hilarious Janelle!!!

All my babies

baby growth baby babies baby