Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Things that happen at my house

Ruby has had hives now for a week.  I was sure they came from my mom's house while playing with the dogs.   When the school nurse called, insisting that they looked like chicken pox, I denied this I am a pediatric nurse after all, I would KNOW if my child had chicken pox.  A few days later I examined the hives... they had crusted over and were mainly on her trunk.

They looked exactly like chicken pox.  Ahem... sorry other parents.

One cold winter day, Ava and Ruby were coughing.  I was worried about Ruby because she had thrown up several times.  This had led to a hospital admission in the past because she will keep throwing up sometimes and not stop until she gets fluids.  I drove into the pediatricians with both kids laughing, coughing, playing and talking.  I discussed my worries about Ruby's vomiting episodes.  The ped listened to her lungs, then heard Ava cough and listened to hers too.  Both had pneumonia and needed steroids, antibiotics, and neb treatments.    She was so concerned she actually made us sit while they did a neb treatment in the office.

And to think I once carried Kayla into the ER for a pulled muscle.

Conclusion... sometimes it sucks to be the youngest.




No comments:

All my babies

baby growth baby babies baby