Total Pageviews

Friday, November 19, 2010

Kids is weird

My four year old Ava is sometimes very needy, especially when she knows I am going to work that night. Every work night it is the same conversation:

Ava: mom, I don't want you to go to work, chelsie isn't happy at me.
Mom: I have to go to work Ava
Ava: why? Cause you gots to feed us?
Mom: yes, and pay for power and a place to live and clean water
Ava: why do those babies has to get sick? Are they alone with the doctors right now?
Mom: the babies are sick because they were born too little. I have to take care of them because it's my turn, the other nurses want to go home to their little girls
Ava: I'm gonna be a nurf when I grow up, I don't want you to go to work.

Tonight the kids got to call their dad in Arizona. Olivia talked about school, Ava talked about her new necklace and ruby yelled g'night in the phone and said hi you daddy. When it was Kayla's turn to talk she declined. "come talk to your dad!" I said through clenched teeth. "but mom, this is an important moment in science!! I am watching the first ever autopsy of a colossal squid on Netflix!!!! They haven't ever gotten to dissect one before!!!!". Then she says " ok I'll come talk.... But I'm pausing this thing!!!". Interesting to me that this important moment in science can wait while you are on the phone.

Ava: mommy, mommy, mommy
Mom: who are you??? Where did you even come from????
Ava: I come from inside your computer!

Quinn: waaaaaa waaaaaaa dodoodododododododod dodododododo
Emo: hey annoying... Go play on your room!
Quinn: I'm not annoying, I'm batman!!!

Mom: Ruby, I love you
Ruby: YOU, go nite night!!!!!!

Kayla: I don't know what I was thinking when I ate that caterpillar ... I mean... Why didn't I just use my finger in the fun dip???

Ava: mom, Quinn hit me on my circle head

Quinn: mom, say you love me
Chelsie: I love you
Quinn: I love you too captain



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are writing again, this is award winning stuff.
F that suicide fing.
Scary Gramma

All my babies

baby growth baby babies baby